Well, it is December 5th and as promised, I have selected, at random (or random enough for my purposes), the winner.
Erik Bickel is the winner.
Erik contact me at anthonysculimbrene at comcast dot net. I sent you a message via Google, but just in case, I am posting it here too. The Inkleaf Moleskine Cover will go out to him tomorrow.
I really want to give a big shout out and thanks to Inkleaf Leather. The cover was beautiful and a great product to give away. Check out their entirely handmade stuff.
So, with that done, it is time to announce the next contest. I plan on having the give away ready March. As the site has developed over the past year I have made a few aesthetic changes that I really think made the site easier to use, but I am still lacking a logo. I'd like a logo that somehow incorporates the name of the site. And here is where the contest comes in: you design the logo and send it to me in a JPG format image. Ideally I'd like it a banner-style logo, to use as the banner above, but that is not a requirement. You may enter as many times as you want but only if each entry is a unique logo. Since this takes a bit of work on your part so I am announcing the contest well before the March giveaway. Hopefully a few Photoshop masters will send me a logo made over the Christmas break.
In March, around the time of the site's one year anniversary, I will announce the winner (technically I started this in February, but March synches better with the adsense revenue). That person will win a custom Benchmade Mini Griptillian with a thumb hole opener and S30V steel (using the "customize a Griptillian feature from Benchmade). It is basically a 555hg with better steel. As you remember I really, really liked the Mini Grip 555hg. The winning logo will be laser etched into the blade. It seems like the perfect give away--a very nice EDC blade with great steel, lock, and opening mechanism. I am still figuring out the color details, like the color of the blade and the handles (i.e. black oxide or satin finish, I prefer satin, but black oxide looks really cool with the dark blue handles). Let me know in the comments what you'd prefer and I will take that into consideration when ordering the knife.
This is being paid for with the site's ad revenue and right now we are at about $73 (in this case, I am going to plug the ads, which normally I could give a shit about, seeing as it lets me give you stuff sooner, so CLICK those ads). I can withdraw the funds at $100. Once I have that much in the account I will withdraw it order the Mini Grip (which is $135 as I want it configured). I imagine that will be some time in January or February.
Here are the official rules:
1. Only submissions in a reasonable sized JPG format will be accepted (banner style preferred).
2. The logo must contain or reference the name of the site "Everyday Commentary"
3. You may enter as many times as you want, so long as each entry is unique (no palette swaps).
4. All logo entries become my property to do with them as I want once submitted.
5. I will choose the logo I like best and that will be the winner, no random choice this time.
6. Entries will be accepted from now until March 1st. The winner will be announced on March 15th.
7. I can change the rules at any time. I won't in a major way, but I say this in case I forget something or a detail I can't work on before doesn't work (like the JPG format, for instance).
[UPDATED RULE] 8. Use the subject line "Logo" in the email.
Spread the word about the contest. The more entries the better.
Send all entries in a reasonable sized JPG format to: anthonysculimbrene at comcast dot net